Public Beta with Developer Profile?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by mkrizan4, Jul 11, 2017.

1. mkrizan4 macrumors member

mkrizan4

I'm thinking of buying a developer profile to be able to install dev Beta's for my iPhone 7 but as I've heard somewhere.. Some public Beta's are more stable and have some additional fixes added once released.. So what my question is.. are you able to install a public beta once you already have a dev beta installed? with a developer profile?

2. SoYoung macrumors 6502

For what I know, public beta's are usually the same builds as the Developper Beta's. The only difference is the PB release 2 weeks later for the first beta on major iOS release and then 1-3 days later for the upcoming beta's.

3. mkrizan4 thread starter macrumors member

mkrizan4

But IOS 11 Beta 2 developer and public version weren't the same..

4. robert1998 macrumors regular

robert1998

Beta 2 and Public beta were the same for some phones and different for others because there was a nasty bug with the restore...
    As I believe beta 3 and public beta 2 will be the same, the latest being released today or tomorrow

5. Jimmyjamh macrumors member

I have no idea why but when I first signed up for PB back in the day when they first allowed it, I've always had the notification of beta release at the same time as the developers for IOS and OSX. No idea how or why but it seems to be a little oddity for some PB users.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yes they were... Both were the same exact build number.
    It was either 15A5304j or 15A5304i depending on the device.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 11, 2017 ---
    Thats probably because you were installing later betas. For the first few betas, DP get it 1-2 days before PB gets it, just incase its not stable or a massive bug. This was perfectly illustrated with beta 2. As the beta cycle matures near August, the the DP and PB come in sync with same day releases.