Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is providing the new iOS 15, macOS Monterey, tvOS 15, and watchOS 8 updates to developers for testing purposes as of today, giving Apple a chance to work out initial bugs in the software.

iOS-15-icon-mock-in-article.jpg

After a few weeks of testing, Apple plans to provide the betas to its public beta testing group as well, with Apple CEO Tim Cook confirming plans to release the new software to public beta testers at some point in July.

This is also the testing format that Apple used for the iOS 14 updates last year, so public beta testers can look forward to getting the new software to test out in a month.

Apple plans to publicly release all of the new updates in the fall.

Article Link: Public Betas of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, macOS Monterey, tvOS 15 and watchOS 8 Coming in July

SnakeEater1993

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2020
Really hope people using betas actually report bugs glitches etc and not just flexing that they installed the brand new software...

Reactions: Smoovejayy

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Really hope people using betas actually report bugs glitches etc and not just flexing that they installed the brand new software...
People don’t do that anymore. not that I’ve noticed. It was cool seeing something different back in 2010. Nowadays each new software update is too small to notice. I don’t think anyone cares anymore.

Last edited:

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
People don’t do that anymore. not that I’ve noticed. It was cool seeing something different back in 2010. Nowadays each new software update is too small to notice. I don’t think anymore cares anymore.
Install the new iOS 15 wallpaper on your iOS 14 iPhone, boom you have iOS 15 ?‍♂️

Worse event I’ve watched in a very very long time

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Guess notifications being better is nice but nothing else springs to mind for iPhone

Multitasking is better on iPad but not as good as expected

Reactions: calstanford

simtilver

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
Huge mistake that they removed an entire row of apps on iPad. Hope this was just a mistake because it looks really strange to have 4 column of apps when in Portrait mode on iPad 12.9.

• Love
Reactions: calstanford

gamiing

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
I’m genuinely at a loss for words. Completely underwhelmed. I’m just hoping there’s more to see!
I completely agree with this. The event was so long just to introduce small updates to what seem to be possible with jailbreaking. This should have just been a small update to iOS 14 because of how few updates there were. I was so hyped and I had lost all faith in Apple right after iOS was announced.

jackietreeh0rn

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2018
Heck, it is not the time to even think about it but I can't help but wonder if most of the iOS teams were probably working on big ticket features they've planned for ios16? I cannot think of any other reason why they would come up with such an underwhelming update.

Reactions: otternonsense

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
I can see an overwhelming amount of bugs coming up. iOS 15 is gonna be a disastrous release. They can’t even get the basics right in the last 7 years, introducing features won’t help. I was hoping in a zero new feature release and focus on bug fixes.
macOS will follow too I assume..

I’m actually looking forward to the introduction of Windows 11, for the first time in 15 years..

Reactions: IainEm

itsmeaustend

Suspended
Apr 27, 2016
Agree, only thing left to see is ijustine overreacting getting really excited in her YouTube video at all the rubbish that was released today ?‍♂️?
What do you guys expect? Y’all are just being choosing beggars, honestly.

I’m super excited for iOS 15. It’s a small update but that’s exactly what I wanted. Less intrusive features , more refinement.

Reactions: 4487549

itsmeaustend

Suspended
Apr 27, 2016
I can see an overwhelming amount of bugs coming up. iOS 15 is gonna be a disastrous release. They can’t even get the basics right in the last 7 years, introducing features won’t help. I was hoping in a zero new feature release and focus on bug fixes.
macOS will follow too I assume..

I’m actually looking forward to the introduction of Windows 11, for the first time in 15 years..

Holy. both sides are unhappy. You must be a very unhappy person in real life. There’s no pleasing anyone apparently.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
What do you guys expect? Y’all are just being choosing beggars, honestly.

I’m super excited for iOS 15. It’s a small update but that’s exactly what I wanted. Less intrusive features , more refinement.
More refinements ?‍♂️ still has crap battery life like iOS 14, beta 1 is even buggier than last year iOS 14 betas.

It's the same story every year, except for last year, no new features, lets focus on bug fixes this year again, few month in people complaining about issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.