Public Folder Not Requesting Password

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jw nyc, Aug 2, 2008.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

So I am trying to use my MobileMe Public folder to share files for work. The files are private and I therefore do not want other people to access the files. I tried setting my Public folder password under System Preferences --> MobileMe --> iDisk --> Set Password but its not making people type a password when they go to the folder online. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks for the help.

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

3. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

People can browse the public folder and view data even without entering a password! How can I fix this!?

4. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

What are your settings under MobileMe in System Preferences (assuming you are on a Mac)?

Attached Files:

6. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Read only is checked and password protected is checked. I don't understand why it is not prompting users to check the password!!

7. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Try your fun at the MobileMe help service ;)

8. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Next question, then, is what do you mean by "users." Have you tested it from someone else's computer or heard from someone else that is the case? If you're accessing it from your computer your password is stored so it may just be going through. I know this is a pretty simple question, but I've never encountered this so I'm trying to cover the bases.

If you would like, and you have non-personal data in your public folder, PM me your name and I'll give it a test.