Public Folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lh'owon, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Lh'owon macrumors newbie

Ugh... I'm trying to share a folder of files backed-up from my old iMac between the three accounts on my iMac.

I've put the folder in my Public Folder, and have even set it to Read&Write for all accounts and applied that to all enclosed items.

But no matter what I do, whenever any account (this includes mine!) copies a file out of the Public Folder it is read only. Whenever I try to change any file in any way it comes up with a "Do not have Permission" message – even in my account!

I can't work out why this is... All accounts can access the Public Folder and move items out of it, but none of the files can be edited in any way, by any account.

Help would be a relief! :)

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

3. Lh'owon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the tip (I'm kicking myself for not doing that earlier) but the above problem persists...

I'm sure putting the folder in Shared will solve the sharing problem (and it does for other files, but the specific folder and contents remain read-only.

Not only read only, but protected in some way – moving a file out requires a password each time, and once moved cannot be edited.

4. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

here's how mine is setup, try applying to enclosed items again with these settings and restarting

Attached Files:

5. Lh'owon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You!

Applying those settings to the shared folder worked perfectly! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the help.