Public GM of WatchOS 3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The JTizzle, Sep 9, 2016.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Think they will release it before Tues, or just the dev. GM version?

2. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Since there was no public beta for watchOS, it's doubtful there will be a public GM. IMO, this is due to the fact that one cannot roll back the beta release from the Watch - the device has to go back to Apple to be rolled back. I suspect that Apple chose just to avoid the whole scenario.

3. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

oooh i didn't know about that, haven't messed with any of this years betas until he GM was released yesterday. That makes a ton of sense, thanks bud.

4. Trekkie macrumors 6502a

Trekkie

Ahh, that explains it. Was wondering. I didn't use the beta on my work phone until gm and my watch was tied to the phone. Guess I'll have to wait the weekend :)

5. mrklaw macrumors 65816

Ah so no GM for watch OS? I just updated my iPhone because I wanted to try out watchOS3, but it keeps telling me that 2.2.1 is up to date even though i installed the beta profile to it

So I should just delete the profile and wait for the official release?

6. Trekkie macrumors 6502a

Trekkie

7. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

There's very little point releasing public GM version as the one and only beta release when there is less than week for the final release.

You can still install the watchOS3 GM/Release Candidate/WhatEverIt'sCalled if you have the right beta profile installed to your watch. Hint: Apple Watch doesn't like iOS.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Former: doesn't matter, Latter: yes.

9. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

There's a watchOS 3.0 GM, but it's a dev thing... need access to a dev account to get the profile. There is no PUBLIC watchOS 3.0 GM release.

10. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

You guys only have a few more days until the public release of WatchOS3. Why not wait (and actually be eligible for support if something goes wrong and you brick your Watch).

11. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

It runs really well on my SS watch. Only found one bug and it's nothing to bad. Much smother then any previous version.

12. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I had horrible battery life on one of my watches after updating to the GM, but a hard reset fixed it.

13. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Weird my battery life seems to be doing great. Maybe just needed the restart.

14. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Yeah. I have two and one was great immediately, the other one definitely had something going on. When I looked at the usage stats after the battery drained quickly, it said 9 hours of standby and 8+ hours of usage. Apparently some process or app got stuck running and caused the battery drain. It's back to normal now.

15. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

It's a shame that Apple didn't release the watch with this OS. People would be much less frustrated with it. I'm using my watch much more now for the reminders app.

Installing the GM on the watch is really easy with a simple Google search...