Public Radio

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MLeepson, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MLeepson macrumors 6502

I've recently been listening to Fordham University's radio station: 90.7 FM WFUV. They play so many different kinds of music and it's really showed a new way of looking at music. And, it's public radio, so it's all member supported.

Do you ever listen to public radio? If so, what station?
    Also, do feel that radio is on the way out?

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I listen all the time and have for 20+ years. Presently WUNC is my station of choice in Raleigh area.

Saturday and Sunday have some very witty and entertaining shows. Prairie Home Companion, Click & Clack, What do ya' know, music dudes w. burn it or trash it, Splendid Kitchen.... The list goes on.

Their news is fantastic but a little too left leaning for my tastes at times.

My kids now listen too and I think public radio will be around for a long time.

HATE their pledge drive though...

3. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

We've been through this on more than one occasion... :p

I listen to NPR almost exclusively now. Here in Austin its 90.5 KUT. The mix of local (Eklektikos is always fun) and national (Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Fresh Air, etc) programming is excellent, and the lack of commercials is an added bonus.

I would probably go insane if I didn't have NPR.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I listen to NPR here in Phoenix (91.5 KJZZ). Love love love it. My favorite is probably "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me". High journalism standards on that show. :D