Public Wifi Profiles (All Known Profiles)

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by AaronG123, Jan 28, 2017.

1. AaronG123 macrumors regular

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has came across or know of a iOS profile that exists - that has the ability to store 'All known public wifi details'.

Currently; every single location (in the UK at least) has their own Wifi network; somtimes operated by a big name like O2, Sky or BT othertimes its their own public network - but each requires their own specific login details. This results in; 'its much easier to use data attitude'.

I'm just wondering if anyone has came across a website where you can download a profile which will install all known public wifi details (or at least the main ones) - I know this sounds far fetched, but I'm looking for a system like BT uses for their 'BT Wi-fi' locations for iOS and similar to how the APN profiler changer used to work a few years back.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

If I'm not wrong those credentials are stored by the network, and the credentials use your SIM card details or something, so I don't think it's possible to just download the profiles and use them. The last time I automatically connected to a WiFi network without knowing, I didn't even save the AP's details, it just downloaded the credentials and authenticated by itself.