Publish Video to Youtube: 2 Improvements Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibanana, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ibanana macrumors 6502

I have noticed 2 annoying things when publishing a video from iphone 3GS to Youtube:

1/ username + password require each time you want to publish? Kind of boring, is there a way for the iphone to memorise the account at least?

2/ impossible to publish if the autolock is on, you have to disable the autolock feature to be able to publish a video...wtf ?!! more details see this thread

2. samcraig macrumors P6

I have no idea why you're having an issue with #1. I go into the youtube app and sign in. I did that the day I got the phone and haven't had to resign in as of yet. (I got the iPhone on launch day)

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Sometimes I think that if sites like this one didn't exist more bug reports would be made to Apple and there'd be leas of a "need" for sites like this.

4. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I'm expecting 3.1 will fix some of the minor bugs and issues I see in 3.0.

Improvements I'd like to see in Youtube uploads:
    1. Allow full quality uploads (no compression) when connected to WiFi. I want to see the same quality on Youtube as I'd get if I used my PC to upload the iPhone video file.
    2. Since many people insist on shooting video in the portrait orientation, Youtube should modify their player to show it that way. The upload should send the full resolution file in the vertical orientation.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

LOL.. Youtube isn't going to change their api - I sincerely doubt it. More like apple would have to comply.

I'd like to see file sizes for images and videos. Perhaps a button on the camera roll "info" so you can see file size, name, and other pertinent info instead of having to upload to the computer and looking at the info.