Publishing iWeb sites to multiple places

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VaatiKaiba, Nov 13, 2008.

1. VaatiKaiba macrumors 6502

I have 3 sites on iWeb at the moment - 2 of which are publishing to MobileMe, and the other which I'd like to go into my 'Sites' folder, so it can be accessed by other computers on my network. However, iWeb wants to publish them all to MobileMe, and when I click 'Publish to Folder' for the other one, they all get published to the Sites folder. How can I stop this?

Thanks!

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Sorry I can't directly answer your question, but I use different iWeb files for each of my web sites. This allows me to publish each to it's own destination independent of the others. I use a manual process for this, although there are utilities that help to automate it.

The iWeb domain file is kept in ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb

I just keep the current version of each of my Domain files in separate folders, and copy the one I want to use to the above iWeb folder before I open iWeb. After I've finished in iWeb, I copy the domain file back to my separate folder.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

To expand on blodwyn's idea above (which I agree is the best way to handle your situation BTW) one free utility that does a great job of automating the process of maintaining each site as an individual file is called iWebSites.

It is indispensable to me as with about 8 sites that I manage with iWeb I would definitely be screwing something up if I tried to rename them manually to keep the whole system working, even though a system of folders like that would help manage it! I'll just stick with the whole mess being automated myself! ;)

You can check out iWebSites for the free download. I just noticed too that it has some notes for users with multiple mobileme sites also.

4. VaatiKaiba thread starter macrumors 6502

That's brilliant guys, I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!