Publsiher for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cowman007, May 14, 2007.

1. cowman007 macrumors regular

What is the Alternative for Publisher on the Mac? I can't use iWork because im looking for software which will allow me to make brochures. I noticed that Publisher was not included in Office 2004.

2. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

By alternative do you want something to use "instead" of Publisher or something on the Mac that will be able to read publisher files? I don't think it's possible to do that (without BootCamp, Parallels etc.). But Word does have some brochure templates. In Pages there are a couple of brochure templates under Marketing.

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

As PkennethV has stated, either use Publisher via bootcamp/parallels or try to use Pages. :)

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Pages makes brochures. Pretty much what it's for. Higher up, you can get InDesign. I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff out there though. Do a search, here and/or Google.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Just to be clear, there is no Microsoft Publisher for Macintosh, only for Windows. Also, the Publisher data files are a closed format and there is nothing that will open them and use them as editable files (there are a couple of utilities for converting them into PDF files, which can theoretically (but painfully) edited in Illustrator)

6. Grampa Joe macrumors member

I'll second inDesign. For the price you can't find a better publisher. I bought inDesign to layout my novels. There are many neat features beyond book layout. You can get a free trial at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=indesign. Search around and you'll find it less expensive elsewhere. As an acdemic, I was able to get mine for $189.95 from www.AcademicSuperstore.com.

7. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard