Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
Hi.

This could be a fairly simple one, but I don't know... 😀

Say I have a mac rtf document, a long (long) list of names with their email addresses...

Is there a way to extract all the email addresses and import them into msn outlook as a group for sending out emails to the same bunch of people?

Cheers.

DarkPremiumCho

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2023
First of all please save the document as a .txt plain text file. It's easier to process.

Can you paste some lines so we can parse the document? Mask the private information of course. Example:

Code:
Michael Scott manager@example.com
Pam sale@example.com

Finally, how do you typically type the email addresses for multiple recipients in your Outlook? Are they semicolon-separated like this?

manager@example.com; sale@example.com

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
First of all please save the document as a .txt plain text file. It's easier to process.

Can you paste some lines so we can parse the document? Mask the private information of course. Example:

Code:
Michael Scott manager@example.com
Pam sale@example.com

Finally, how do you typically type the email addresses for multiple recipients in your Outlook? Are they semicolon-separated like this?

manager@example.com; sale@example.com
Having a bit of trouble with this, firstly, despite what I thought at first, hotmail doesn't display all the invididual members emails of a group (which I thought would look spammy), it simply places the group name in the recipient box, but when I click on the group I can't see how they're arranged... semicolon, comma or whatever.

So I started adding some of the email addresses manually but hit 50 and it won't let me add any more. I've messaged msn and guess I need to hear back from them before I go back to thinking about trying to automate the process...

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.