Pull the trigger now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reno55, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:10 AM.

1. reno55 macrumors member

I’m on a 6s Plus and have been holding out for the x but with the recent news reports of Apple still struggling to increase yield I’m starting to wonder even if I manage to get a pre order in the second they go live if my chances are even good still

2. USC_Gamecock macrumors regular

USC_Gamecock

Wait. You'll regret it if you don't. It's only 2 weeks away.

3. ssrij macrumors 6502

It's up to you, stock will obviously be very limited. You will see lots of people cancelling their orders and going for another phone like iPhone 8/8+, LG V30 or Note 8 because the shipping times for X will change to December or beyond within a minute of pre orders going live and most people don't want to wait that long for a phone that will be outdated in 8-9 months.

I've spotted people selling iPhone 8+ for £100-150 less than retail price on eBay, I'll go for that if I get a late shipping date, and get myself an Series 3 Watch with the extra money! **** waiting till January 2018 for a phone.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

First of all, we don't know how many production numbers Apple Will have come launch day. And I would not read into every rumor that's on the Internet regarding yields or constraint. If you want to wait the two weeks, then make your decision once you find out what the shipping times are indicating after you order.

5. USC_Gamecock macrumors regular

USC_Gamecock

Doubtful -- it will probably be within the first 10 minutes. Your statement is unrealistic for so many reasons.

6. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

I heard my local Apple Store is stocking extra many 8/8+ on iPhone X launch week for all people that can't get the X.

7. ssrij macrumors 6502

LMFAO "first 10 minutes". The Jet Black iPhones sold out within mere minutes of launch, and wasn't even available in good quantities until Q1 2017. The situation will be the same for iPhone X, it will be sold out within mere minutes (I expect 1-2 minute) and then shipping times would be 6-8 weeks or even more, who knows. Supply is going to be extremely tight, just like how it was with the JB iPhones.

8. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

As long as the 6s is working well for you, why not wait? I'm quite happy with the performance of my 6. I've decided to wait until February or March at the earliest, before getting the X of my dreams.

Things may be different for you, but being "the first on the block" to own something like a new iPhone doesn't carry much weight in my life/social circles.

9. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

I'll preorder the moment it starts, if I don't receive on Nov 3rd, I'll be Xtra pissed

10. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I am in the same boat as the OP. My original plan was to wait for the iPhone X, but my 6+ is really starting to show it's age. It has become painfully laggy and the battery life is now terrible. With the X's production issues, I could be waiting for quite awhile to get one. If I did mange to snag an X early on, what if it needed to be replaced due to defects? I would think that replacement stock for the X would be very limited for quite some time. The 8+ is starting to look like a better option for me. At least I have a couple of weeks to think about it.

11. Retops macrumors regular

--- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:57 AM ---
    My 6+ was getting funky so I decided to get an 8. Only one in the store that day was Silver and not my favorite. I ended up buying a new iPhone 7 black at a discounted price and I am really pleased with it.

I plan to skip the X battle and run my two 7s for a couple more years.

12. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

Passing on the X battle sounds more and more appealing every day!