Pull the trigger on the new MBP 13?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lukeswits, Apr 13, 2010.

1. lukeswits macrumors newbie

Ok so heres my situation. My budget is 1300 dollars (canadian) max. I need to get a macbook this month because I agreed to sell my current laptop to my brother in about a week. I need some help on what I should do. With my education discount, the new MBP 13 is gonna cost me just as much as a refurb last gen MBP 2.4ghz, so I don't see a reason why I shouldn't go with the newer one. But does anyone think that it's worth checking around craigslists and some classifieds and just buying a better C2D version of the last gen MBP 13 or even the MBP 15, since they are suppose to drop in price due to the latest revision?

Can someone give me some advice? Is the new MBP 13 really not worth the money either way?

2. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

I'd say get it. It's brand new, it will run very well. Take care of it, and like all Macs it will keep it's resale value, so you can sell it for good buck.

That way, you can have the newest model every year for ~200$.

3. dendritic cells macrumors member

Agree, also depends on what you need it for. To me it's totally worth it.

4. lukeswits thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll be using it to DJ and produce music. Thats why i was dissappointed with no CPU upgrade. I don't give a **** about graphics, I just want performance. Anyways, last question, apple care or no?

I really like the idea of selling it off and getting the newest model every year, so maybe I'll do that instead?

5. dendritic cells macrumors member

I agree I think you need a big RAM instead of graphic performance.

Well if you are planning to use Logic or other stuffs, you might want to consider the audio in/out, and screen size as well. discussed here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=863012

You will get 1 year Apple care with your new MBP, and you can decide to extend it (or not) during this period.

Well I don't like changing computers but that's definitely the way for some geeks to keep up-to-date by refreshing their hardwares every 9 months or so! :D