pulled the trigger on 24" LED ACD - refurb

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by btownguy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

Just pulled the trigger. It should be here early next week. Very excited to get this. I hope it's in as good a shape as everyone says the refurb units are.

2. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

considering one of these myself...it's an expensive display but I always hear good things...has anyone that has already bought a refurb noticed any dead pixels? I imagine a lot of the returns apple gets on these is due to dead/stuck pixels.

3. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I was told by Apple that I can return the refurb display for ANY reason in the first 14 days. That includes scratches, dead pixels, or even buyer's remorse. I don't see why anyone wouldn't buy a refurb on this - the price discount is really strong.

4. illibball087 macrumors regular

are you going to use it as a new mirror? haha jk i am quite fond of the displays picture

5. foodle macrumors 6502

Just got my refurb 24" LED ACD today. As far as I can tell it's perfect (LCD and cosmetically). No complaints, except that I can't drive two of these from my mini (Apple, make a DVI -> mini DP adapter!!!).

6. SmaugG5 macrumors newbie

Ordered mine last week and it is in new condition. No problems whatsoever.

7. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Thats the only reason I have the older 23". Just like dual monitors and them matching. Don't want to have to buy a GT120 to run it from my MP.