Pulled the trigger on a new black macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by crossingover, Mar 4, 2008.

1. crossingover macrumors newbie

In Sept. 2007 I posted on these forums asking you guys for advice buying my first mac. Leopard still hadn't been released so I decided to wait.

I played around with osx86 and really liked the OS, but it was so buggy I needed the real thing to really enjoy it.

Well now that the Macbooks have been updated and Amazon has a $100 rebate I decided to go for it.

My new 2.4Ghz black macbook will arrive this thursday! I'm also going to stick in 4GB of G.Skill Ram and max it out :)

..And this is coming from a life-long windows user, who HATED apple !!!

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I am glad you finally came to the light! Many happy hours Mac-ing to you and congrats - you won't be sorry.

Remember, no matter what - stay w. the OS. I've seen wanna-converts who have dual systems relapse into Windowdom. The familiar won't teach you the new.

3. frankiepdx macrumors regular

frankiepdx

I still have my XP hooked up. We've spent a lot of time together finding drivers. It was a labor of love.

Now with my black Mac I finally have time to use the goddamn programs. I don't know anyone with a Mac in my circle of friends, because there are so many haters. I'm so glad I got one.

I'm a musician and when I plug things in to start a recording and it says "Would you like to use this?". I get a fuzzy feelin.

In one year I think I had one issue. I can't even remember what it was if that makes you feel better.

Have fun with it. Do your homework so it will work for your lifestyle.

Here's a start. http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/11/06/top-100-mac-apps/

4. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Not sure why you hated apple BUT, I can tell you that after 25 years or so of building and using PC's I switched to a Mac a little over 2 years ago and till today I do not EVER regret doing so!

In fact just yesterday I got my Macbook Black Refurb and I can tell you that you will LOVE it. Have fun and enjoy your new MacBook! ;)

5. crossingover thread starter macrumors newbie

It's here!!!! At first I was a bit worried because the amazon box was really banged up and I saw the ups guy just throw it down when he reached my frontdoor, but the apple box was unharmed and everything is PERFECT!!

I love the simplicity of the macbook its AMAZING!

I had it up in running in less than 5 minutes.

I'm typing this from my new macbook right now and I love the feel of the keyboard!

I just installed firefox -- just drag and drop!? so easy!

Macbook is blazing fast! and thats with the standard 2GB

Came with a fujitsu hdd, pretty quiet
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
    :) <-- i'm a happy customer/convert

6. Macintosh Sauce macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

Congratulations on your new MacBook and becoming a Mac user. I am expecting my black MacBook tomorrow... :D

7. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

Enjoy the Mac! I love my white one, but I may get a black one eventually. :)

8. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

That's GREAT! Good for you! Now have a blast with it! I know I am with mine--))) ;)

9. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

You shot your MacBook??? OMG!

Just kidding. The title of the thread is funny!

But Congratulations!

10. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Welcome. I hope you will be as surprised and happy as I was and am.