Pulled the Trigger on New iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by revenuee, Aug 7, 2007.

1. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Been waiting patiently for the update and today I got it

just placed the order for a 24 inch iMac with 2.8GHz, 750 Gigs and 2 gigs of Ram

I went with the wireless mouse but not the wireless keyboard --- the mouse is for reasons when i'm using the computer to watch TV using my slingbox so i can change channels -- and the keyboard said would of been 3-5 weeks instead of 3-5 days --- also ... i use the numberpad ALL the time -- i have no use for a keyboard without a numberpad

2. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

Congrats!! Can't wait to see some pics of it in someones house :p

3. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Just waiting for the new line to show up on Apple Canada and I'll pull the trigger myself. Let us know when it arrives!

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

That's exactly the setup and reasons I am getting.

5. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

It was the Canada Store I ordered from ... i thought the site was down but it turned out it's just screwed up with the layout ... had to scroll down and I found the iMac and placed the order.

This is my first mac in almost 9 years now ... In that time I managed to convince both my parents to get Mac's as there personal computers AND I convinced two ex-g/f of mine when they were getting laptops during our time in University that they should get Macs.

I'm pretty stoked to get something with some more balls -- I used to edit on a 20 inch iMac when I was at a newspaper as a photo editor.

Pretty stoked to utilize the extra real-estate offered by the extra 4 inch's

I will post pictures when i get it and everything is set up --- which reminds me that i need to get a mini-DVI to VGA converter --- I have a nice 19 inch CRT that I still want to use as a second monitor for extra real - estate -- you can NEVER have to much ... cheers

6. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Yeah, you're right, right after I posted the Canada site reloaded with the new iMacs! I have a 15" MBP and a black MB and want that 24" iMac. I have a 17" Dell laptop running at 1920 resolution and once you get used to all that real estate it's hard to go back. I do photo editing using Adobe LR, you'll love the space. I'm also converting my family to Mac after being a long-time Windows user.

7. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

i also do a lot of research and currency trading --- so it will be nice to be able to have multiple charts up and watching them at the same time at a nice size, rather then trying to squeeze them all into a smaller space where they become unrecognizable.

hope you enjoy the machine when you get it too --- i hope it's quite ... my current machine sounds like a wind tunnel

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Nice purchase! you're gonna love it. To me, the updates are just cosmetic, so not enough for me to warrant an upgrade. But I guess I'm still happy with my "white" 24" iMac. ENJOY when it arrives and good luck!!!

9. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

and you know what, it crossed my mind to pick up the white 24 inch sitting in my campus bookstore -- the guys in the store weren't sure what was going on with the price of it because when i called the apple store was still down.

BUT, I really didn't want to buy an almost year old machine either -- I know this thing will be obsolete by the time I unpack it, but after 8 or 9 years, I wanted something bran spankin new

cheers

10. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

11. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

agreed

12. Gaius macrumors newbie

I just pulled the trigger on the 20 incher which will be my first Mac. I was going to wait for Leopard to be released but I couldnt resisit.

13. revenuee thread starter macrumors 68020

revenuee

Ya, Í'm just going to buy the upgrade to Leopard when it comes out -- I want a computer now

14. seahawk09 macrumors regular

I am very jealous you are one lucky man:p this is why i want to come back tro mac you dont see IBM coming out with new stuff like this,:cool: I really hope you enjoy your new workable piece of art.