pulled the trigger on the scorpio! :D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theturtle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

hey guys, this is just a thread to show my excitement. well thanks to alot of you guys, i finally pulled the trigger on a scorpio blue 320gb. newegg had them for 65 shipped so i figured i might as well do it. hopefully i wont have any problems with it.

question time! LOL
    im not planning on restoring from a back up. Want to start completely fresh. i researched how to install it (which looks like cake) but i seem to be stuck on what to do after i start up the computer. I boot up from my cd, than what? I want to wipe the HDD just in case and than install OSX. the two directions i got were.

http://www.macinstruct.com/node/130 (towards the bottom)
    and
    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2119581,00.asp

which one should i follow? dont know if partitioning is necessary. hard drive noob here LOL. does anyone have some updated step by step directions on how to set up the hard drive from the restore cd's and NOT from a back up?

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Follow whichever applies to your machine directly. Also you don't need to partition unless you want to run windows and even if you do, the bootcamp utility will do all that for you

3. EggrollShop macrumors member

installing the hard drive is cake. as for installing OSX just follow the steps. Hold down the option button when you first turn on the machine. Then pick the OSX cd that you put in. Follow the easy steps and in about 30-45mins you'll have a nice fresh install of OSX on your new HDD. :-D

4. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

hey, thanks for answering! :)
    quick question, could i just set up the hard drive like i would a my stock drive after a complete wipe out?