Pulling songs from iPhone without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nyarthlotep, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Nyarthlotep macrumors newbie

Hey everybody!

My computer with iTunes has lived a long life but finally died. Unfortunately with it I lost a few months of music that are on my iPhone. I have a new computer with iTunes ready to go, but to become the main library it wants to wipe the phone. Is there any free software that can pull everything from the phone?

Most of what I've seen only pulls 100 songs at a time (I have 4gb of songs) or is only premium $$$.

Any advice is appreciated!

2. skinsone macrumors regular

I also lost my hard drive and had it replaced. I used iexplorer, https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/ and was able to pull off everything from my iPhone and iPads. Program is very easy to use. When I bought it last November it was $34.99.

I had to put all the recovered files in different folders and then import them to iTunes. Works really well.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Senuti allows you to pull off 1000 songs for free.

4. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

You can use SynciOS (free) for this purpose. An alternative is Anytrans (free trial is available).

5. mikaelbasmaci macrumors newbie

mikaelbasmaci

iTools was very popular some time ago. As far as I know, it no longer exists in English as official, but there is a blogspot where you can use the "into english translated version from chinese", which I use for almost anything and which does the job excellently.

Latest version available there is 3.3.4.3
    Hope it helps you!

http://itoolsen.blogspot.com.tr/?m=1

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I also use iExplorer. It's file manager feature is free to use, and all you need to do is dragging entire iTunes_Control folder out of your iPhone. Music is in "music" folder.