Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
I apologise if this is a regular question, I didn't really know what to search for... I play occasional games on my Mac mini, and I used to do the same on my MacBook Air, both running the 9400M graphics with 256MB VRAM.

Ok, when playing ToCA, Colin McRae or even OSX SkyFighters when going fast the graphics seem to alternate in speed, for example, in one of the racing games the car will show an indicated 100 mph but the graphics will appear to be doing something like 100 mph, then 30 mph, then 100 mph, then 30 mph. The same when in a fast roll in SkyFighters, the clouds will move quickly, then slowly, then quickly, then slowly.

Is this a limitation of the 9400M?

My set up is 2.0 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 9400M Graphics and using a 15" LCD display.

Thanks in advance,

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Do you mean you have low FPS?

I don't get it from the way you described the situation... ><

Riverbird

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
It sounds like the framerates are dipping to me. Maybe try turning the games graphics down a little more? I'm really not sure. Sorry ><

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
It sounds like the framerates are dipping to me. Maybe try turning the games graphics down a little more? I'm really not sure. Sorry ><

Off-topic: you might want to change the "15" Aluminium MacBook Pro" in you sig to either "15" Unibody MacBook Pro" or "15" Classic MacBook Pro", because every MBP ever released was aluminium ^^

Sorry

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Ok, when playing ToCA, Colin McRae or even OSX SkyFighters when going fast the graphics seem to alternate in speed, for example, in one of the racing games the car will show an indicated 100 mph but the graphics will appear to be doing something like 100 mph, then 30 mph, then 100 mph, then 30 mph.

Looks to me that your graphics card is hitting a memory limit and having to page every once in a while. If you turn everything to minimum does it still happen?

If it does contact our support guys and we will try to reproduce it here.

Cheers,

Edwin

Feral Interactive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.