Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Hi I just purchased COD 4 off the app store ( bit of an impulse buy) and I'm trying to get onto the multiplayer but every time I join a game it kicks me off and says to download the latest punkbuster from evenbalance.com.

I'd really appreciate help with this because I've never been any good at doing this punkbuster thing and stuff.

Thanks in advance though.

Shockre

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2009
google punkbuster cod4 mac download, 1st hit will probably be the thing u r looking for.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Make sure you put the files in the pb/htm folder. Mine is at /Applications/Call of Duty 4/pb/htm/ :)

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Still didn't work with that. I'll tell you the steps so it doesn't look like a mistake by me.

Downloaded the game from mac app store. Got the message then tried to set up punk buster. Downloaded pbsetup and then clicked add game. Entered the path you gave and I tried the one it game me initially and comes up with message "game path does not exist" gives me the option to add or not as well then and when I click yes and try to update it just gives me more errors.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
In my retail DVD version of the game, I had to set up PB manually using the PBsetup.run.app that is located in /Applications/Call of Duty 4/Technical Support/. Choose File > Add Game to add CoD4. Then I used the Check For Updates option. Now it seems to be fine and autoupdating properly.

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Thank you so much for that link. Finally got it to go to a path so now I think I may have to see some intensive testing on the game :p thank you again though so much.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Not a problem! Maybe see you ingame somewhere. :) I mostly play =7i= 24/7 Overgrown HC and -=The Canadian Shire=- NO SWEARING. Known in game as Snake_Doctor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.