Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
I have been receiving multiple spam comments on my videos that deal with 2 websites

wildra1n.tk
puppyra1n.com

All of which claim to have an Untethered Jailbreak for your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad

I can already tell wildra1n is fake from the start since you need to complete a survey to download. I believe one of our forum members completed the survey and linked us the site. Which sent us to a download page that was empty.

I also noticed in all of the videos they use the iPhone 3GS, and if I recall the iPhone 3GS is the only device that can be untethered at this moment

Here's the creator of puppyra1n demonstrating his "work"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6P8YLhAVY

Here's the search results for wildra1n
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wildra1n&aq=f

What do you guys think?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I also noticed in all of the videos they use the iPhone 3GS, and if I recall the iPhone 3GS is the only device that can be untethered at this moment.

That is correct. Only the old bootrom 3Gs is permanently untethered. Everything else is a scam and not untethered.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
That is correct. Only the old bootrom 3Gs is permanently untethered. Everything else is a scam and not untethered.

Figured so but I have seen a video of the Wildra1n and it showed an iPhone 4 on 4.3.4 running on a untethered jailbreak. I'm pretty sure thats not possible at this moment. is it?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Figured so but I have seen a video of the Wildra1n and it showed an iPhone 4 on 4.3.4 running on a untethered jailbreak. I'm pretty sure thats not possible at this moment. is it?

Its possible.
Read what intell said again.
Only the old bootrom 3Gs is permanently untethered for life.
So no matter what firmware its on all JB's will be untethered.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Sadly there will always be people out there looking for there 5 minutes of fame. Or just wanna check if Barnum Baily is still right that there is a sucker born every minute. Personally I have no doubt he still is.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Its possible.
Read what intell said again.
Only the old bootrom 3Gs is permanently untethered for life.
So no matter what firmware its on all JB's will be untethered.

But i was talking about the iPhone 4, but its not important to bring up since its a scam regardless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.