Purcahased Cydia Apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RSNL, May 21, 2012.

1. RSNL macrumors regular

If I didn't want to use pckBackup to backup everything. Will I have to pay for all the purchased apps on Cydia again? I.E my3g , bitesms?? Or will it just be like the app store where I can just redownload and cydia will know it has been purchased before?

I am also going to get the phone replaced by apple so I will be restoring it due to water damages.

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Nope - it keeps up w/ your login info, so you can just download the apps again - no additional charge.

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

No...open up Cydia, on homepage, select Manage Accounts. Select the account method you have been using and log in. You should see all of your purchases and it is tied to the account you chose, not your iPhone. They are also transferable to any new iPhones you may purchase as long as their is a jailbreak.

4. RSNL thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see my purchased bitesms on managed accounts. Can I just download it anyways and not be charged? Actually, I don't see a few of my purchased apps.

5. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Then you may not be signed in. Search for an app you know you've purchased, and when it loads, it should say "Package Officially Purchased" on the frong screen of the application.

6. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

It means you "may" have used different accounts. As poster above, put the app you believe you purchased in search and when it loads it should give you a green official purchased banner. This will tell you that you have multiple accounts.

7. RSNL thread starter macrumors regular

Yah I have the green check mark. But I don't know what other accounts I would have used. I only use my gmail and I only have that as my email. I didnt use Facebook as an account.

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

It's because BiteSMS is "Free" from Cydia, because BiteSMS uses it's own payment/authorization methods within the app itself once downloaded.

Other apps like iBlacklist do this too.