purchacing 13" MBP for student

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imac2007, Aug 3, 2009.

1. imac2007 macrumors member

I would like to purchace a 13" MBP for my grandson as he is off to college what I am wondering is can I get the student discount and still have this as a secret. Does my grandson have to do the ordering his self or can I order it I would like to surprise him with it. Also how does the free ipod thing work, pay for it when ordering computer then I would get a rebate check is that how it works.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'd go to your local Apple store and ask. Parents qualify through the edu program, but I'm not sure about grandparents. If it works the iPod Promo will also work.

3. razor-sex macrumors member

Your best bet is to just go to the Apple Store they will be able to tell :D

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If all else fails, just ask your grandson's parents to purchase it and pay them back ;)

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Just buy it online and pick his school when you go through the education store. Have it delivered to you and then hand it to him. Guarantee he'll be surprised!

And, yes, you pay for the Ipod immediately, then you send in a rebate to Apple (electronically, I believe - I haven't done this yet, just ordered my Macbook Pro with "eventually free" Ipod this morning.) The downside is that you have to pay tax on something you technically got free. Upside is that you paid $15-20 for an Ipod!