Purchase 10.4 Panter

Discussion in 'macOS' started by butchseaman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. butchseaman macrumors member

butchseaman

I have a G3 iBook 500Mhz that I is currently running 10.3.9 and woud like to upgrade to Panther. This is a laptop I purchsed has stuff from the old user and thought I woudl do a fresh install to get started with. Thought might as well go to 10.4 since 10.3.9. is running fine.

Does someone have a copy of this they would be willing to sell or burn and sell.

640mb RAM
    CDRW Drive

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Check on ebay, I bought a retail copy of Panther last year for my old iMac G3 and it was only about £30 quid or something like that, brand new & never used too.

Just make sure that there are four discs and they have a black background with a silver X on three of the discs(installation discs) and the fourth is a white colour if I remember well(tools disc), in fact by now you would probably be able to pick up an old G3 iMac for next to nothing with a retail boxed version of Panther included , I've seen a few in the last while on ebay... loads of old iMac users upgraded to Panther when it came out so plenty have the retail boxed version because of this so you'd be able to wipe it off the iMac! and install it onto your laptop and keep the iMac for bits or sell it on?? .
    I think that's legal and is ok in forum , correct me if I'm wrong(I'll delete) , thanks

~m