Purchase 13" MacBook Pro Cracked Glass

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBundles, Feb 16, 2012.

1. MacBundles macrumors newbie

There is a 13" Macbook Pro available at Best Buy for about $600. It has a cracked screen, but I believe only the glass is cracked and the display is fine. Other than that, I think it was barely used. This is a base model, late 2011 MacBook Pro (MD313).

Is this worth purchasing?

2. Bear macrumors G3

No. You have no idea how the glass cracked. And what else may be ready to break from it. Also cracked grass tends to crack more over time.

3. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

I would say yes if it only the display glass and the display itself is unharmed.

Get your hairdryer out and visit iFixit for a guide and possible replacement glass.

4. Beezzy macrumors 6502

Why? If you're going to get a Mac. Get one that's at least in good condition. Don't settle man. Check other Best Buys for open models even.

5. MacBundles thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought $600 seem like a good deal and was an opportunity to start my mobile pro tools rig.

As Bear stated, I don't know how the screen cracked, but upon further inspection it seems to be in good shape otherwise. I think I may purchase it if I'm allowed to get the black tie plan. With accidental damage coverage, I may be able to send it off to get fixed.

6. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499