Purchase advice please.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rojomateus, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Rojomateus macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.

Firstly gonna start by saying that I do intend to wait for announcements before making any purchase but just wanted to ask a general question.

I am about to buy a macbook pro - mainly because I want a 15inch - thats the only thing putting me off an air

I like the retina screen but don't think it is necessarily "essential" for me but it looks like I can afford it so why not.

I use the laptop for some business related things but do not store lots on it - preferring to store in the cloud, use dropbox, evernote etc. I do not game but do listen to music on it and occasionally view tv programmes/films but watch online rather than download in most cases.

Like most people I like speed.

My question is whether one of the pre-configured models is suitable enough for my needs? Because my daughter is now going to uni I can get university discount so if I am going to add anything to it or change things then I would rather do it now than later to get as much discount as possible.

So - given what is currently available what would you recommend I purchase? And given current thinking on what is likely to be announced next week any other advice - I will of course also wait till the back to school deals are announced

thanks in advance.

2. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

There's a "Buying Tips and Advice" sub forum.

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Might get more attention there. From the looks of your needs, Any 15" rMBP will be more than enough power to suit your needs.

3. Rojomateus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for moving this - had not noticed this forum - I am new to macrumors