Purchase advise: MBAir - iPad2 - MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vampireszombies, Nov 3, 2011.

1. vampireszombies, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

vampireszombies macrumors 6502

Well I've been lugging my VAIO around campus to classes and noticed that this 15" beast isnt at all very good with battery life. I put it in powersaver mode and it only lasts about one class (hr and 15min). The computer works perfect for me and fits all my needs, except portability and battery life.

So.. I was thinking about the Air, the iPad 2 and the MBP.
    As a second device thats portable.

The iPad 2 i realize is just something that i've been wanting and wont replace a keyboard wielding laptop with word/powerpoint etc.

So the vs goes to whether a very portable stylish Air or a full fledged MBP.
    Both about the same price. I dont know whether I should buy another complete laptop or just an Air. For the price the MPB offers much much more but on the other hand the Air is more seen as a secondary computer.

(Also) I honestly dont think that my future classes will make me want to even (or need to) bring a laptop to, Since there all sciences. So maybe I can hold out with the vaio and a iPad 2 may be the wise choice...but then theres a possible refresh in the horizon. :/

I'll still more than likely be using the VAIO as my main home computer.

What do ya'll suggest?

2. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

It'll be difficult to type up an essay on an iPad 2, and it's not a dedicated notebook like the Air and Pro are. The Macbook Pros just got updated last week, so if you really need one now and won't beat yourself up when the refresh comes, then you can get that.

3. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

iPad 2 definitely isn't an essay writing machine, but if you're just using it for notes, its excellent.

I use an app called Daedalus for note taking during classes with it, and it's great.