Purchase AppleCare, or sell MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zenor, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Zenor macrumors member

Hello everyone.

I own a MBP Unibody 2.4, and have zero problems with it.
    I purchased it in February 09' and I was planning on buying AppleCare on winter, or one month before it get's 1 year old.

Although, I was wondering: why not trying to sell my mbp and purchase one of the new ones instead? I know AppleCare is a must for some, but I don't really like "outdated" computers.

Let me know what you think.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If you don't like "outdated" computers then you will be buying a new one in February? You are financially going to take a large hit on your current computer given the refurb prices are so low in general for MacBook Pro's.

If it ain't broke; don't fix it.

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

If there is nothing wrong with your current computer, why sell it?

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I suggest going to your local college and purchasing AppleCare at the edu discount (if you don't go, you may know someone who does who you can go with). You can get it for about $100 cheaper than retail.

If you are going to sell the machine after the initial year then I suggest purchasing the warranty. It associates with the computer itself regardless of who the current owner is and adds to the resale value of the machine. If you are going to sell it before that year, then you can leave it up to the new owner.

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Just buy AppleCare and sell it after two years of use if you really don't like using "outdated" computers.

New processors for new MBPs won't be coming out until February-March 2010, so your AppleCare will have expired by then, greatly decreasing resell value.

6. analytical44 macrumors regular

+1

7. Zenor thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses and the valid points.