Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albertomac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Mexico
I was given a single processor 1Ghz power mac G4 FW800, stock 64MB Geforce 4MX video card, I want to use it as a mini HTPC, Im using a old scan converter to watch it on the tv, but sometimes the image looks ¨waving¨ like its underwater and the DVI to S-video apple cables doesnt work with this computer... so Im thinking about purchasing this card , a Mac ATI Radeon 7000 64MB AGP DVI Video Card because it has a S-video output and it says it will work with Leopard, and its cheap ! What do you think ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-ATI-Radeon-7000-64MB-AGP-DVI-Video-Card-G4-G5-Cube_W0QQitemZ310023483999QQihZ021QQcategoryZ25449QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I had the Mac Radeon 7000 PCI and it had working S-Video out. You linked a flashed PC video card on eBay. The S-Video on it should work but there have been cases on other cards where certain features won't work since the Mac version didn't have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.