Purchase from Bestbuy and still keep Verizon UDP?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjay80, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kjay80 macrumors regular

Anyone with UDP upgraded your phone at beatbuy and still kept your UDP?
    Or, would transfering my upgrade from UDP to another line work from Bestbuy?

2. kjay80 thread starter macrumors regular

Is store activation @ Bestbuy still an option for keeping Verizon UDP???

3. jk73 macrumors 6502

I'm curious about this, too. Thanks.

4. dsa420 macrumors 6502

No, you can order for delivery but absolutely not for in store pick up. If you have it delivered, open the box, take out the sim before you power it on and throw that sim in the trash.

use your already activated sim or go get a new one from somewhere but your UDP will go bye bye if you turn on the phone with the included sim card.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

You can always pay full price for a device from Best Buy and not have it activated. Open it up, put in your old SIM, and power it on.

I bought a 6 on launch day (AT&T) for my husband, paid full price with no in-store activation and just brought it home and put his old SIM in it.

Or were you attempting to get subsidized pricing?

6. kjay80 thread starter macrumors regular

Best Buy Online is not shipping any iphone 6/6+(non-Sprint) for home delivery, so I just went to costco to reserve one.
    They will work around to let me keep my UDP.

7. jk73 macrumors 6502

Best Buy seems to be shipping at least some versions of the iPhone 6 again. Is there any reason to believe the Best Buy method won't work? (They couldn't be activating them before shipping, could they? It seems like that would leave people without phone service.) Thanks.