Purchase from UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lympero, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Hey
    Let's assume that apple will announce the iPhone @ 4 October and release it 14 October. I'm planning a trip to my sister to London from 2 to 8 November. Question is...will i be able to walk to a apple store and get an iPhone 4s/5? Just asking for previous experiences.
    My sister can also preorder one for me, but I have heard that it takes like 4 weeks to be delivered.
    So which is the best way to get one!
    Thanks

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

If it's launched on the 14th, then yes. I think it's launched in the UK on the same day as in the US.

Sometimes preorders show up before the actual launch day as has happened last year with the 4.

3. AlexanderTT macrumors member

AlexanderTT

Yes you will but..

1) You will have to wait in a HUGE line and you might not even get one depending on the stock levels

2) The phone you buy could be locked to UK networks (but I'm not totally sure about that)

I'd suggest pre-ordering one online and getting it delivered to your sister!

4. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

The line is huge, Alexander is right!

If you buy an iPhone from the Apple shop it is completely network independant - if you buy it direct from a carrier, it could be locked. Always a risky jailbreak for that however :rolleyes:

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Nah all phones are sim free. You won't be locked into a network unless you choose to.