Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lamar2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Hi gyes

I have already white I phone 3GS from at&t and because I don’t like using one phone, I am thinking to buy another phone for the same line :D ..

So, Can I Purchase another Iphone for the same line and how much it will be ??

reptiledude4

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2009
Hi gyes

I have already white I phone 3GS from at&t and because I don’t like using one phone, I am thinking to buy another phone for the same line :D ..

So, Can I Purchase another Iphone for the same line and how much it will be ??

Don't understand this post, you don't like using only one phone, so you want to buy another? Someone please explain...

lamar2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
ya reptiledude4 I wanna buy another I phone but different color ..

So can I purchase other phone from AT&T for the same line ?? :rolleyes:

Lakerfan210

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Yes you can but it's going to cost you $599 or $699. I guess if you have the money go for it.:D

lamar2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
nateo200, I don't want to have other SIM card ..

Lakerfan210, $599 or $699 ?? expensive :(

So what can I do ??

What about purchase other phone like Nokia ... etc ??

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
nateo200, I don't want to have other SIM card ..

Lakerfan210, $599 or $699 ?? expensive :(

So what can I do ??

What about purchase other phone like Nokia ... etc ??

Makes no difference, you will have to swap the sim if you want the same line on the other phone. The line is tied to the sim card.

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Exactly.
Partly because there is only one SIM card, so you'd have to transfer the card between the phones, which would be a pain in the arse.

And besides, why would you need two phones..?

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
So, in general I can't have two mobile for same SIM card ? :confused:

Yes you can you take the SIM card out and put it in the other phone....but you said you didn't want to do that....am I missing something here...?...why do you need two hansets. That makes no sense unless your obsessing over the aesthetics of the iphone which IMO isn't worth the extra 599+USD

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
So, in general I can't have two mobile for same SIM card ? :confused:

No, you can't have two sim cards with the same line. You will have to remove the sim from one phone and move it to the other.

+1 to what nateo200 said...

lamar2012

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Thanks all for answering me :)

daflake, ya I know that ..

nateo200, I said that I don't want to have 2 SIM cards, but I want 2 mobiles for one SIM card ..

DrawnToLife, in my country I was using 2 nokia phones ( one with camera and one without) ..

So, actually I like to have different phones for different places, but it looks difficult to have two phones in U.S

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
i think it be difficult any where!

I don't tink you can have two phones on two siims any where! guess I would be wrong. but where ever you go you have to pay full price to have to phones on one line.

but 1 sims two phones 16 GB 599 32 GB 699. sor what you want to do it's really the only way. oh wait by a few cases change the look!

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
So what is the confusion? If you want an additional phone, go buy one that is not locked to a carrier and stick the card in and go. I used my Deutsche Telecom phone from Germany in the USA (AT&T) until the Iphone 3G was released. You can swap the sim back and forth all you want, you just can't get the line put on two cards. If you want another Iphone, the buy one off the WEB and be done with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.