Purchase MBP now or wait until September

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ipaqman, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

So I am going to purchase a laptop (MBP) for college next year but wanted to know if I should buy the new MBP that just came out on Tuesday or purchase in the beginning of September. I want to get the latest and greatest MBP, and can wait until the end of August, but wanted to know if apple will most likely release something new in August.

So basically, should I purchase a MBP now or wait until the end of August to purchase for college which starts early September? I don't need a laptop now, but if you think apple wont have any new MBP updates by the end of August I am better off purchasing now.

Please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Ipaqman:)

2. cobravap macrumors regular

I doubt anything will come out in august. I think the EARLIEST THAT it can come out would be october. Apple needs people to wait for the back to school sale crowd to buy their stock up otherwise it will be lots of returns. Plus i think it will be a while since we see the mbp updated. So if you NEED it by august/september....buy it then, but i wouldnt suggest waiting for an update that wont come.

3. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Apple may update their Computer line, while rarely do they update their iPod line during the 'Buy a Mac, Get an iPod Nano' promotion.

With new MBP's just coming out, we probably won't see updates again before September, except to the 17"ers. The 17"'s aren't LCD's yet, so they might be updated.

Don't forget, Leopard comes out in October. It's just another thing to keep in mind.

If you want a 15" MBP, I would get one now. However, if you want a 17" MBP, I would wait until the LCD screens are introduced.

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

MBP now or MBP later? Um, NOW! Odds are if there is an update, it won't be that big of one.

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

buy one now and then another one in September. You can't have enough Apples.:apple:

6. Fubar macrumors newbie

If you feel you need it now then buy it now. If you feel you will need it in september then buy it then. If you wait 4-5 months for hardware revisions just because you want the latest and greatest then you will always be waiting because there are always revisions "right around the corner".

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

8. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Macworld 2008 is the soonest you might see ANYTHING. Something makes me think this is the last MBP as we know it.

9. pixelman macrumors newbie

I have a similar dilema

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I am torn between the new MBP 2.2 and a Mac Pro 2.66. I am a graphic/web designer and would like to upgrade my old faithful G4 1ghz. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

10. wako macrumors 65816

ALL LAPTOPS ever made by Apple had LCDs. I dont think I've ever even seen a laptop ever before that didnt have a LCD screen.

Im sure you are just confused LCDs with LEDs.

LCD = Liquid Crystal Display
    LED = Light Emitting-Diode

Both are VERY different...

11. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

12. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

yea, u should buy now so that by the time college rolls around, you are familiar with the mac interface. I know thats what im doing. School starts for me late august so i am buying my new mbp on saturday. Cant wait to never use windows again!!!