Purchase MBP now or wait until September

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ipaqman, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

    Sep 22, 2003
    hey all,

    So I am going to purchase a laptop (MBP) for college next year but wanted to know if I should buy the new MBP that just came out on Tuesday or purchase in the beginning of September. I want to get the latest and greatest MBP, and can wait until the end of August, but wanted to know if apple will most likely release something new in August.

    So basically, should I purchase a MBP now or wait until the end of August to purchase for college which starts early September? I don't need a laptop now, but if you think apple wont have any new MBP updates by the end of August I am better off purchasing now.

    Please let me know.

    Thanks so much,

  2. cobravap macrumors regular

    Oct 30, 2006
    I doubt anything will come out in august. I think the EARLIEST THAT it can come out would be october. Apple needs people to wait for the back to school sale crowd to buy their stock up otherwise it will be lots of returns. Plus i think it will be a while since we see the mbp updated. So if you NEED it by august/september....buy it then, but i wouldnt suggest waiting for an update that wont come.
  3. monke macrumors 65816


    May 30, 2005
    Apple may update their Computer line, while rarely do they update their iPod line during the 'Buy a Mac, Get an iPod Nano' promotion.

    With new MBP's just coming out, we probably won't see updates again before September, except to the 17"ers. The 17"'s aren't LCD's yet, so they might be updated.

    Don't forget, Leopard comes out in October. It's just another thing to keep in mind.

    If you want a 15" MBP, I would get one now. However, if you want a 17" MBP, I would wait until the LCD screens are introduced.
  4. iToaster macrumors 68000


    May 3, 2007
    In front of my MacBook Pro
    MBP now or MBP later? Um, NOW! Odds are if there is an update, it won't be that big of one.
  5. zelmo macrumors 603


    Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    buy one now and then another one in September. You can't have enough Apples.:apple:
  6. Fubar macrumors newbie

    May 19, 2007
    If you feel you need it now then buy it now. If you feel you will need it in september then buy it then. If you wait 4-5 months for hardware revisions just because you want the latest and greatest then you will always be waiting because there are always revisions "right around the corner".
  7. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
  8. BigPrince macrumors 68020

    Dec 27, 2006
    Macworld 2008 is the soonest you might see ANYTHING. Something makes me think this is the last MBP as we know it.
  9. pixelman macrumors newbie

    Jun 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada...eh!
    I have a similar dilema

    Hi, I am in a similar situation. I am torn between the new MBP 2.2 and a Mac Pro 2.66. I am a graphic/web designer and would like to upgrade my old faithful G4 1ghz. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)
  10. wako macrumors 65816

    Jun 6, 2005

    ALL LAPTOPS ever made by Apple had LCDs. I dont think I've ever even seen a laptop ever before that didnt have a LCD screen.

    Im sure you are just confused LCDs with LEDs.

    LCD = Liquid Crystal Display
    LED = Light Emitting-Diode

    Both are VERY different...
  11. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a


    Jul 8, 2005
  12. Stang68 macrumors 6502a


    May 29, 2007
    yea, u should buy now so that by the time college rolls around, you are familiar with the mac interface. I know thats what im doing. School starts for me late august so i am buying my new mbp on saturday. Cant wait to never use windows again!!!

Share This Page