Purchase of 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sillygoose1988, May 4, 2010.

1. sillygoose1988 macrumors member

Hi everybody!
    i'm seriously considering buying an iphone 3GS...but had one questions, although i see quite a few of iphone for sale at 350€ online...i was wondering if that price was likely to drop once the new iphone is out...if so would it be a real interesting price drop...or just a few euro? Can anyone remember what happened when the 3GS came out? Did many people switch?
    I don't mind waiting, if it's actually worth it...
    thanks a million

2. outphase macrumors 65816

When the iPhone 3GS launched, the previous iPhone 3G dropped $100 from $199 in the US.

3. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Just wait it out and get the new one, I assume here in the US it'll be just a $100 difference like last time. Yes it will be worth the "measly" $100.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm sure you will see a price drop for the 3GS when the new iPhone is released. I don't think it will be anything drastic, since the 3GS will get all the new features that come with 4.0. There may be a significant price drop for the 3G though. But if you do/can wait to get a 3GS, you should see a price drop.

5. sillygoose1988 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a million everybody! i kinda don't need all the new stuffs that are coming out with the 4G (front camera etc...) so i'd stick to 3GS and see for how much these are selling around july!
    Many thanks