Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stopper10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
Planning to purchase a new 27" Imac in the next few weeks. When I get this, will Lion show up in the app store under already purchased for purposes of installing on my 2010 mac mini? Or will I need to purchase it separately?

Thanks in advance for the help.

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Right on the Apple Store page:

OS X Lion
Up-to-Date Program
The OS X Lion Up-to-Date upgrade is available at no additional charge via the Mac App Store to all customers who purchased a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 6, 2011. Users must request their Up-to-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer.
Please visit the OS X Lion Up to Date program page (http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/) for details on how to request your copy of Lion.

stopper10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
My question is a bit different from this response. I know the Imac will either ship with or upgrade to lion for free. Will this license allow me to install lion on the mac mini I already have?

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
My question is a bit different from this response. I know the Imac will either ship with or upgrade to lion for free. Will this license allow me to install lion on the mac mini I already have?

The license is not permissive if the 2 macs use different Apple ID's, but is permissive if they do use the same, you'll have to contact apple support probably

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.