Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
I recently bought a song on iTunes on my Mac and it immediately went into my phone aswell. But it automatically downloaded, I didn’t want it downloaded so I clicked remove. It removed it from my library instead of just the download (dumb me clicked the wrong button). When I went into iTunes on my phone to add the song back to my library and phone (cause my computer won’t sync with my phone, the loves of betas) it says I haven’t bought the song, in the purchases section it says “purchase pending”. I bought it with iTunes Store credit though. So why is it pending? I had the funds for it and it doesn’t have to confirm it with any banks either. Help??

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Hi buddy. Don't worry, when you delete an iTunes song or film etc it's simply 'hidden'. You need to go into account settings and there will be a hidden setting. If you go into that, it will allow you to 'unhide' the song and you can renown it.
It's a great feature and a brilliant bonus of everything on your Apple I.D.

1. Account
2. View my account
3. iTunes in the iCloud heading then you'll see 'hidden purchases'

I guess that it says 'Pending' as it does that until you get an Email Invoice. iTunes is weird like that - sometimes I get charged within one hour for a purchase and my invoice emailed to me - other times, it waits to see if you are going to buy anything else over a few days and doesn't send an invoice until 10 days later :)

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
Hi buddy. Don't worry, when you delete an iTunes song or film etc it's simply 'hidden'. You need to go into account settings and there will be a hidden setting. If you go into that, it will allow you to 'unhide' the song and you can renown it.
It's a great feature and a brilliant bonus of everything on your Apple I.D.

1. Account
2. View my account
3. iTunes in the iCloud heading then you'll see 'hidden purchases'

I guess that it says 'Pending' as it does that until you get an Email Invoice. iTunes is weird like that - sometimes I get charged within one hour for a purchase and my invoice emailed to me - other times, it waits to see if you are going to buy anything else over a few days and doesn't send an invoice until 10 days later :)
Ah thank you, I figured that out the following day but I appreciate the help!! :) I’ll be sure to remember that email tip for next time though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.