I currently run 3x SSDs in RAID 0 for my boot volume. They are software RAIDed, so they are of course limited in speed by the Mac Pro chipset to about 500MB/s. They are 120GB SSDs each, so overall I'm looking at 360GB of space with about 100GB free at the moment. I wish to upgrade to Lion so I can migrate my MobileMe account to iCloud (and take advantage of all the new features). Plus I'm reading about potentially new video cards from ATi, but I'm afraid I would need Lion to run them. I have looked into it and it doesn't look like Apple will fix the Lion RAID issues anytime soon if ever, so I've sold on the fact that I need to do something on my end now. I'm currently considering one of two solutions: 1) Purchase a RAID card that supports my SSDs and therefore I would not need to worry about Lion compatibility. I currently have an Areca ARC-12xx for my VelociRaptor RAID 5, so I don't have to migrate that as well, I think my options are limited to the Areca ARC-1880 cards. I think my current battery is in need of replacing as well as it's just old and doesn't really hold a charge (well it makes do for the time being). So overall I'm looking at spending $800-$1000 for the card, batteries, etc. 2) Purchase a new SSD. It doesn't have to be SATA 6Gbps since that would require a new controller as well. Due to my current usage of 260GB, I think my only viable solutions are 300GB+ SSDs namely the 400GB SandForce based ones or maybe the Intel 510. That's about $800-$1000 as well depending on what I buy. For the first solution I can sell my current RAID card for some moneys, but I don't think I'll get much. For my second solution, I don't see a bunch of old 120GB SSDs selling for much either. And there is 3 of them to get rid of. I also see an issue where I am limited to about 280MB/s of throughput on the SATA 3Gbps cable. What are folks thoughts on this?