Purchase receipt for new ipad 4

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eurekor, Mar 22, 2013.

1. eurekor macrumors newbie

Hi all

I bought a new ipad 4 64gb cellular, but didn't get the purchase receipt. Do I need it for any support and after service from Apple?

Another thing I found strange was when I checked the serial number of the ipad, the apple site says, the service is available until January 2014, but I bought it on March 20th 2013.

Does that mean that this ipad had been used before?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

This means you didn't buy it an an authorized Apple dealer - if you had, Apple would recognize the sale date from your purchase. Since you purchased it from a private party or reseller, the warranty reverts to the date Apple recognizes as the sale date - which means you lost a couple of months of warranty coverage. Apple WILL change the warranty to your actual purchase date if you can supply a receipt from an authorized Apple retailer or reseller. I purchased a brand new 4 on eBay - sealed for much less than retail - my cost was 2 weeks of warranty. (The warranty end date was 10 days prior to my purchase) It was a small price to pay for the discount.

3. eurekor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Iva

I bought it while traveling the far east. I thought it was a little cheaper than in Europe, but now I realise the reason why. It seems working ok so far, and the shop I bought it from is now about 6000 miles away. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that it will keep working fine. cheers.