Purchase timing question, Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by keeno, Jun 19, 2012.

1. keeno macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I spend most of my days at work browsing these forums and am hoping someone can help. REALLY basic question but I'm not 'in the loop' with these things so excuse me!

I want to buy a new Mac Mini to replace my current one that's dying, and I could do with extra storage anyway.

The Mac Rumors Buyer's Guide says not to buy yet, but with WWDC just gone my question is only when is the next likely point for a product refresh? Or do Apple just do these on random days, not co-ordinated with an event?

Apologies for a question well below the normal level of the forum...

2. keeno thread starter macrumors newbie

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Apple doesn't usually refresh their Macs at big events unless it is a design overhaul. Seeing as how the current Mac Mini design has only been used for the last two models, there is (most likely) at least one more revision before they overhaul the Mini. The previous design was used for about 4 major revisions so my guess is this one will be "quietly" released since there isn't anything really all that new.

Edit: So since it will be a quiet release, it will most likely happen on a random date, not something like WWDC or any other big Apple events. Of course this is purely speculation....

4. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

5. keeno thread starter macrumors newbie

That's really informative, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The most logical refresh would be when ML is released next month.