Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ballnluv23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
So I purchased a new 15" MBP, and it should be here tomorrow or Friday. I've read a lot about this issue, but can't seem to find clear, cut, concise answers.

I'd like to buy an external display to use with my MBP at home. My budget can't afford the 30" external that Apple supplies; instead, I'm looking for something around the 24" screen size, similar to the size of iMAC. So, my questions are:

1. What are the best types of external displays? I've heard that the Dell E248WFP is pretty good; but any others that you all are using?

*****2.***** Most importantly, this is my biggest issue. I guess I'm going to connect it using the DVI connector....do I just have to connect the MBP and the external display, and I'm good to go? A lot of people have been having issues with the resolution, saying the screen is blurred, unclear, foggy, etc. Will the screen on the external be just as clear and sharp as on the MBP?

Thanks guys!!!!

amiga

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2006
London.
You could get the 23" Apple display, my understanding is that it actually has the same number of pixels as the 24" iMac so you will get a sharper imager...

It should work perfectly as the MBP and ACD's are made to work together and it looks nice, though its about time they slimmed them down a bit.

This is my plan any way.

amiga.

MSD401

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2006
check out the buying advice thread...there are tons of theards about which is the best external display... to summarize... it depends on your needs... some prefer the look of the apple displays (myself, picked up a used one on ebay best purchase ever btw) but others want size....nearly everyone recommends dell.... apple uses higher cost panels than dell does.. but unless you want to get into more technical stuff.....anyway... just search out all the theards..... there is alot of opinnons out there...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.