Purchased a brand new RMBP. Question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecooler1, Dec 4, 2013.

1. thecooler1 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum even though I surf it night and day. I recently purchased a brand new RMBP (13", 8GB, i5, 2.4), and it's been incredible so far. Love the performance, battery, etc. I have never owned an Apple device before, so I'm simply delighted. My only issue so far are the keys. They feel extremely loose and wobbly, to the extent that it feels like the keyboard didn't warrant a $1500 investment. I love the build and design of everything besides the keys, but I'm just finding it a hassle to type on a keyboard where the keys are loose, make noises and irritate me. My last Dell was horrible compared to this, but I had zero issues with the keys. Is it just something I have to get used to, or did I land a defective model? Please let me know. Thanks!

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Go to an Apple store, or other Apple retailer, and try out a few different rMBPro. You'll quickly decide if what you have is normal, or not.

3. Dyce macrumors member

I think it's fine. When I type on the keyboard, I can hear the 'noise' it makes too. It's normal.

4. thecooler1 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the plan I have in mind. Do your keys feel loose in any type of way though? Just curious.

----------

Ah, besides the noise factor, do you feel the keys move a bit too much, as if they're on the verge of breaking if pressed too hard? I'm very fragile with hardware, but didn't expect the keys to be this loose.

5. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I just got a new MBP tonight. One thing I noticed was how nice the keyboard is. It may be you are just accustomed to a firmer key board. This keyboard feels very sensitive. Definitely check at the Apple store to see if there is something about yours. If there is they will help you quickly.

6. red321red321 macrumors regular

There is some variation in keyboards. I had one where the keys kept popping off, and they replaced the computer for me.