Purchased a new Macbook Air

smallboxes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2013
I just purchased a new Macbook Air using the Education Discount of $50. Is there a reason why I did not get the Back-to-School promotion? Should I call the Apple Store?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I just purchased a new Macbook Air using the Education Discount of $50. Is there a reason why I did not get the Back-to-School promotion? Should I call the Apple Store?
Back to School promo hasn't started yet. School doesn't start back for another couple of months.

r6mile

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2010
London, UK
The Back to School discount has not started, and nobody knows when it will. It should be very very soon. If it comes up in the next 14 days, call Apple and see if you can return-repurchase the MBA and get the voucher. I just ordered mine (couldn't wait any longer), and that's what I plan on doing.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Back-to-School!!! The kids just got out and you are already telling them is going-back time? :(

smallboxes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2013
The Back to School discount has not started, and nobody knows when it will. It should be very very soon. If it comes up in the next 14 days, call Apple and see if you can return-repurchase the MBA and get the voucher. I just ordered mine (couldn't wait any longer), and that's what I plan on doing.
That makes sense. I just hope they won't make a big deal. I ordered it for me to pick-up at my local store, so maybe I can question them there.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
That makes sense. I just hope they won't make a big deal. I ordered it for me to pick-up at my local store, so maybe I can question them there.
You can question them but they will not tell you the date it will start and they won't give you the promo if it hasn't started.

Your best bet is to look online to see the date the promo started last year and return the MB Air now. You can then wait for the promo to start, unless you absolutely needed the laptop now.