Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pekedey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
I bought MobileMe when I purchased my Macbook back in October. I bought a Mac Mini this last week, and to take advantage of the discount, I bought another subscription to MobileMe.

Can I add my new activation code to my existing account and have it add another year onto my subscription? Meaning I'd have another year and 6ish months before I have to renew. Or do I need to wait 6 months to enter the new code to renew then?

Thanks in advance!

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Not sure, truthfully. You may want to get in touch with MobileMe support. They've got that new 24/7 chat available on their site, you could ask them there and they'd probably be able to get you the best answer.

pekedey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
I went to mobile.me support and their response was:

Yes, you can apply the Activation Key to your Account now, However you will not see the new date as this years subscription cycle needs to complete first. The Activation Key you apply now will be on hold status (which is totally normal) and will not take effect until the renewal date and this is when you will see the new expiration date.

So there's the answer, in case anyone else has the same question.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
thats good to know because i can then buy one a few days/weeks before hand and not need to activate it exactly on the same day

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
The other benefit of entering the key now is that you won't lose it between now and when your account expires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.