Purchased App Missing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Unprocessed1, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I bought iAnnotate PDF, and I returned my iPad, only to buy another one today. I believe I download iAnnotate from my old iPad, and now when I synched my new iPad, iAnnotate is nowhere to be seen.

How to I redownload iAnnotate without paying for it again (which would be ridiculous)

2. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Just download it. Once you pay for a version of an app, you get "every new version" (i.e. updates) free. So you can re-download apps you deleted just by going in and clicking the button again. iTunes keeps track of purchases.

3. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

So if I click buy, it will not recharge me? can anyone verify this?

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I've done this lots of times. Apple recognizes after you enter your P/W that you've already purchased and gives you a message to that effect, asking if you wish to download again. :)

5. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

And downloaded the app again directly on my iPad and no message about redownloading it....

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

That's quite peculiar. I've always gotten the message, with iPod Touch, iPhone 3Gs and my iPad. No exceptions.

I don't receive a duplicate invoice from Apple, however.

A question: Have you synced the iPad to iTunes since purchasing the app in question? iTunes keeps track.

7. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Yes but I didn't do a restore. All my purchased apps synched without a problem. Iannotate is completely gone from iTunes....

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Well, I'm at a loss to explain that one. If you were originally invoiced for the purchase I wouldn't worry. You can always dispute it if you're charged again. Save that invoice! :)

I just looked it up; pricey app, just had an update today (04/27.) I see why you don't want to be charged again. Great ratings, tho.

9. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

seems like my spam folder deleted my official itunes receipt. I paid via paypal, but it doesn't list the app on it. I don't understand how the app magically disappeared from my itunes.

10. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Might I suggest adding The Apple Store to your Address Book so that in the future it doesn't happen again?