Purchased APPLE CARE but Lost the paper with the code!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dw3bb10, Aug 19, 2010.

1. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

So, My girlfriend and I purchased her 13inch macbook pro along with applecare. We were never even able to register it because apparently, it came with a paper or card of some sort inside with a code which we dont have. We do have the receipt that has all of the numbers and such on it for applecare. Is there anything that we can do?!

2. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Call Apple.

3. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

Go to this link and put in your serial number. This will tell you how much time is remaining on your warranty. There is also a link there to set up a repair.

You can get your serial number from System Profiler (click on About This Mac in the Apple menu in the upper left hand corner, then select More Info).

4. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

You're out of luck. There is no number on the receipt that is unique to the Apple Care you purchased.
    If you didn't register code in that box with your serial number, you need to find that code.
    No other way I'm afraid. The receipt doesn't prove anything, because for all Apple know you've used the code in the box to register Applecase on another computer.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I would recommend this also. Check to see if your warranty shows the extended coverage.

If you purchased Applecare with your Mac, it usually is activated automatically. There's no need to manually activate it.

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

you don't say where you bought it but if you got it at an apple store, then its possible they registered applecare for you at the same time you bought it.

as others have suggested, use the serial to check what the current coverage is

7. Ripmax2000 macrumors regular

Does the Applecare on your receipt say Auto Enrol next to it?

8. vladzaharia macrumors regular

There probably is a serial number. APP has a unique serial number on the box, each of which is tied to the code inside the box, so the retailer could have easily added it to the receipt.

9. Glitterkidd777 macrumors newbie

If you bought it directly from apple with a credit card, they can usually look it up by the credit card number.

Call applecare, explain what happened. They'll get you to the department that registers the protection plans.