Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mc Pavel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Hello :apple: addicts!

A month ago i bought an Apple Care protection plan for my macbook pro on ebay ( sellers ID : taperking ) I asked the seller to send me the code first and afterwards ship the remaining materials. He e-mailed me the code and Apple accepted it.
However, i did not receive my remaining apple care materials. I pm´ed the seller but he did not answer.
So i wonder if the registered apple care protection plan is valid without the remaining materials ( i actually dont know what it includes. i guess some papers) . If in the near future my macbook pro needs repair will Apple ask me to show them the APP papers ( the documentation that i purchased this apple care plan) ?:confused:

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I might be wrong but... i've never kept the applecare box. If you were able to register it and it's accepted then that's all you need. Why not call Apple and find out.

Nuc

Hello :apple: addicts!

A month ago i bought an Apple Care protection plan for my macbook pro on ebay ( sellers ID : taperking ) I asked the seller to send me the code first and afterwards ship the remaining materials. He e-mailed me the code and Apple accepted it.
However, i did not receive my remaining apple care materials. I pm´ed the seller but he did not answer.
So i wonder if the registered apple care protection plan is valid without the remaining materials ( i actually dont know what it includes. i guess some papers) . If in the near future my macbook pro needs repair will Apple ask me to show them the APP papers ( the documentation that i purchased this apple care plan) ?:confused:

wichtb01

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2007
Phoenix
Apple sent you a letter with all your information after registration I assume as I received one after siging up for AppleCare. You should be good to go.

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
You should be able to check on apple's site whether you have Apple Care for your machine.

The paper is good, but you don't really need it either. I brought it with me to Europe but actually when I had issues, they just needed my powerbook's serial #. Everything was in their system.

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
If you buy Apple Care from eBay, do you still get the mobile home service where Apple Technician come to your house to fix the problem? eBay may be a cheap way to buy Apple Care, but sometime you run into bad seller and get used code or one that is not valid.

Mc Pavel

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
thank you guys!
Ive just checked the status of my computer. Apple says "Our records indicate that your product is covered under the AppleCare Protection Plan and your estimated date of purchase was 29-Jul-06.
Based on this data, your product has service coverage for 822 more days "
So it seems the registration of the app was succesful :rolleyes:

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2007
Did you get a good deal on it? I need to buy Apple Care soon for my Mac Pro as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.