Purchased Content on 1.1.3 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Superperson, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Superperson macrumors newbie

I'm all ready to jailbreak my 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, but I've been hearing some reports that purchased content (music, videos) from iTunes does not play correctly. I can't get a definitive answer on whether or not this is a problem for everyone. Is there any way to jailbreak 1.1.3 without this problem or should I just wait?

2. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

I like how you are posting a thread on if you should jailbreak or not... yet you signature says "Jailbroken!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have two friends that have jailbroken their 1.1.3 IPT. So far, everything is working as normal. I say go ahead and jailbreak it. Its awesome to have hundreds of apps to choose from... for.....f...r...e...e... :D

3. Superperson thread starter macrumors newbie

Let me make it clear: I have JAILBROKEN 1.1.1 and am thinking about upgrading to the 1.1.3 jailbreak.

4. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

from a thread on ipod touch fans forums:

"YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY ANYTHING YOU PURCHASED OFF THE ITUNES MUSIC STORE ON YOUR 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN IPOD."

i'm unsure if this applies to all current jailbreaking methods or not.

i think i'm going to wait for an official ipod touch jailbreak and/or see how the SDK is going to work.

5. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

Users who have done the 1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3 method, rather than the 1.1.1>1.1.3 method, have had luck with purchases, but the latter method corrupts the DRM on your iPod.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

You need to resync(is that a word?) your Touch. Basically clear it and reload it again and all work fine.

7. Superperson thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you sure that works? Cause I don't want to upgrade if I can't play my stuff.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Yeah umm are you kidding me? Ive already jailbroken...let me play some music hold on.

9. Superperson thread starter macrumors newbie

Well can you play stuff you purchased from iTunes? What method did you use to jailbreak?

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

EDIT: Ive decided to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then go from 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.1.3 and see what happens.

I used http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=421958.

Im trying to restore...but I cant figure out how without itunes updating my touch to 1.1.3...even though I am. Im even in restore mode...

Any ideas? What if i installed the 1.1.3 from the iBrickr download? Would that erase apps and everything? (Im pretty sure it would...right?) Dont tell me I have to RE jailbreak...

11. Superperson thread starter macrumors newbie

So can I jailbreak without not being able to play my iTunes content?

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I took all of my music and movies off of my 1.1.3 jailbroken touch, and the purchased content still doesn't work.

13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I couldnt figure out how to resync...so i went down to 1.1.1 then to 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3.

Havent tried my music yet because my purchased music disappeared.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The way I made it resync was to just uncheck synching music and movies and then press sync, followed by rechecking them and putting everything back on. I would like to hear if you are able to get any purchased music to work going from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, I went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 so that could have3 somthing to do with why it doesn't work.

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Music and videos syncing fine. Everything seems to be working!

EDIT: Going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 caused NO DRM PROBLEMS on my touch.

16. Superperson thread starter macrumors newbie

Alex Gold

I am having problems upgrading my 1.1.1 touch to 1.1.2, is there any way to go directly to the 1.1.3 jailbreak and still be able to play the DRM'd files?

17. tcramer macrumors newbie

im having the same problem with my iphone that was jailbroken it cannot play music purchased on itunes does anyone no a way to fix it?
    thanks

18. oliverlubin macrumors regular

same here. did the 1.1.1 -> 1.1.3 jb update before they'd noted that it broke iTunes store and purchased content.

wondering if there'll be a fix or if i need to go back down to 1.1.1 and use the DevTeam method.

19. dagored macrumors 65816

Yes, the last thing you said. Works great. I even purchased the apps after i jailbroke the second time to 1.1.3, just in case. I can now re-jailbreak if it comes up and get my apps back. I was impatient with the repo sources. But, I can play solitaire, blackjack, etc. Can not do that on a straight up 1.1.3 Touch.

20. oliverlubin macrumors regular

about to do the update to 1.1.3. downgraded to 1.1.1 and then up to 1.1.2. the guide here was helpful.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=580

one note, download iNdependence here: http://code.google.com/p/independence/

at step 10 of the 1.1.2 jailbreak i was left in recovery mode. quit itunes (dont click the OK for the 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar yet) and launch iNdependence. this will get your Touch out of recovery mode.

it'll then finish with a few more reboots.

now to try the Installer version of the DevTeam 1.1.3 soft-update. <crosses-fingers>