Purchased Developer Membership (Got Error Activating)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MotionxxUSxx, Mar 17, 2009.

1. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

I've been brushing up on my objective c, so I thought it would be a good time to purchase a developers license. I got the email and followed the instructions to activate but got the following message

We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership.We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity.

Has anyone got this. They provide a help contact page but the submit button does not work.

2. Hambones macrumors member

Hey,

I got the same thing - it's because the name you purchased the developer subscrip from is different then the name on the account.

(for example: Steve J vs Steve Jobs)

This was easily fixed for me by calling up Apple. I am based in the US - obviously all the call centers are closed so I called the one in Australia (open, the number is somewhere on there where they tell you it cannot be activated) and they immediately activated me.

If you are impatient as I was to get 3.0, do that :)

3. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

I would call Australia but I'm definitely not paying for a international call.

4. richg916 macrumors regular

The same exact thing happened to me. I called using Truphone (free application) and they give you a credit of .50 cents and it was enough time to call and talk to someone to get it fixed. A real big delay when talking though.. so be warned..