Purchased iMovie Do not like it Want a Refund

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Wicked1, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

How long do you have after you purchase an APP from Apple to get your money back, really do not like the iMovie app.

2. BadMoon macrumors 6502

I didn't know that you could do that.

3. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

you can't. there is no refund like the android market.

4. mlukens macrumors member

Sometimes they will give you a refund once, but all sales are considered final.

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

you can get refunds from iTunes Support... but you have to justify with a valid reason, ie, the app said it was going to do X, but actually doesn't do that... it does Y instead.... that kind of thing.

i don't think "i don't like it" is a valid reason for a refund!! :)

that's why there are app reviews and also youtube videos of apps to look out for before buying.

6. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't think you can either. Their sales and refund policy states that electronic software downloads aren't refundable so I think that probably includes whatever is in the App Store

7. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

It's not just that I do not like it, it also crashes on me once in every maybe 4 times I open it.

I have noticed on the i4 that some apps when I open them (even Apple's apps) they try to open then quit, but I have only started to see this in iOS4, maybe it is specific to the iOS but it is strange in any event.

8. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

I remember maybe a couple years ago my mom downloaded a game for her iPhone and it just freezing up. So I contacted Apple by email and they refunded the cost of the game.

I don't know about now but you could at least email them and ask.

9. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

I've managed to recently get 2 refunds...

OP: no harm in asking... but if you're continuing to see problems in others apps too.. then maybe try restarting your phone, or even restoring the software... ?

seems your problem might not be limited to iMovie.

10. Paul S macrumors regular

I'm not too happy with the iMovie, either, but I'm keeping it in hopes they'll update it with some improvements. BTW, for anyone looking, it does 0.00000001% of what iMovie does on a Mac.

11. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

You can get refunds on Apps. Just contact Apple through iTunes and tell them why. They have refunded me before on the Garmin Nav app because I had issues with the audio and my in car bluetooth.

12. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Getting a refund on downloaded software is akin to returning opened/used software on disk...doesn't happen. That having been said, it would be nice for a 24 hour review download that deactivates unless purchased.

13. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should do a clean install rather than restoring from a backup...if that in fact is what you did.

14. wodeh macrumors regular

I don't really use iMovie, but I'm not losing any sleep over spending a few quid on it. It's actually pretty impressive for a phone app, and the ability to insert photos with animation is quite nice.

I'm definitely going to have a longer play at some point- it's not a bad app! It does, however, need some updates to bring more iMovie functionality to the table.

Anything that can effortlessly juggle 25 minute chunks of 720p video on a PHONE is, in my opinion, a pretty good start!

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can we do an exchange for a different size or color?
    Do we get cash back or store credit?

16. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

it gets credited to your itunes account... in case you weren't being sarcastic :p

17. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

18. seanpholman macrumors regular

19. Philalbe macrumors 6502

I've gotten refunds for apps. Go into your itunes account, view "recent purchases". Next to each batch of purchases you'll see the option to report a problem. You'll then get a drop down list of reasons you want a refund, choose one of the reasons then submit. I've never had them deny my request before.
    It's not the most honest thing, but a couple of times I decided an app just plain old sucked shortly after downloading and I claimed it was an accidental download :p