All iPads Purchased iPad in store is it possible to return for an exchange online? Quick please

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Hello. Purchased an ipad from an apple retail store, exchanged it later in the same store and my new unit has a terribly yellow display. I need to know quickly if I can return this ipad online for an exchange within the 14 days of receiving the brand new exchange, I also have AppleCare plus on this if that's noteworthy.

Please I need an answer quickly. Can I return this online for a brand new exchange or am I going to need to drive hours to get to the store?

dljor

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
no

Hello. Purchased an ipad from an apple retail store, exchanged it later in the same store and my new unit has a terribly yellow display. I need to know quickly if I can return this ipad online for an exchange within the 14 days of receiving the brand new exchange, I also have AppleCare plus on this if that's noteworthy.

Please I need an answer quickly. Can I return this online for a brand new exchange or am I going to need to drive hours to get to the store?

Comment

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Well that's terrible news, very terrible. I can't believe apple doesn't offer that. How stupid.
Logistically speaking, it is not stupid at all. You bought it in store so return to the store. You could just return it and buy from online though I do not understand your logic, which implies that the store has defective units.

Comment

Angler

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
I believe you can. Call the retail store if you can't return online I'm sure you can ship it back to the store.

Comment

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
You can return online for warranty exchange. You'll call up AppleCare. As to whether they will give you a brand new retail unit that is up to them. However if you are looking to return for refund it will have to be at the store.

Comment

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Call apple to confirm, While they generally won't exchange an online order at a store, I've seen it occur, in fact they help me once doing this.

So the inverse is possible, call and ask.

Comment

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
If you return online, they don't have a record of your purchase.
Yup. It would be impossible for them to process your return online for this reason.

As someone else said, just return the first unit to Apple retail and order another one online.

Comment

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
If you return online, they don't have a record of your purchase.
Yup. It would be impossible for them to process your return online for this reason.

As someone else said, just return the first unit to Apple retail and order another one online.
Apple gives the option to have your receipt emailed to you, usually to the email that is associated with your Apple ID. I am betting they have a record of the purchase.

Comment

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Can't speak for others, but I've gotten answers faster here than on the phone to Apple. It is NOT a quick event.
No it is most definitely not.

Anyway thanks for the responses besides the couple of people who were rude. I've returned the ipad so its all done and good.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.