All iPads Purchased iPad in store is it possible to return for an exchange online? Quick please

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vgamedude, Jan 11, 2014.

1. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Hello. Purchased an ipad from an apple retail store, exchanged it later in the same store and my new unit has a terribly yellow display. I need to know quickly if I can return this ipad online for an exchange within the 14 days of receiving the brand new exchange, I also have AppleCare plus on this if that's noteworthy.

Please I need an answer quickly. Can I return this online for a brand new exchange or am I going to need to drive hours to get to the store?

2. dljor macrumors regular

no

3. vgamedude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well that's terrible news, very terrible. I can't believe apple doesn't offer that. How stupid.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Logistically speaking, it is not stupid at all. You bought it in store so return to the store. You could just return it and buy from online though I do not understand your logic, which implies that the store has defective units.

5. knguye11 macrumors newbie

knguye11

If you return online, they don't have a record of your purchase.

6. Angler macrumors regular

I believe you can. Call the retail store if you can't return online I'm sure you can ship it back to the store.

7. blarivee macrumors 6502

You can return online for warranty exchange. You'll call up AppleCare. As to whether they will give you a brand new retail unit that is up to them. However if you are looking to return for refund it will have to be at the store.

8. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Sounds like he/she lives "hours" from a store

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Call apple to confirm, While they generally won't exchange an online order at a store, I've seen it occur, in fact they help me once doing this.

So the inverse is possible, call and ask.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

This. http://store.apple.com/us/help/contact#customer_service

Why are people so reticent to pick up the telephone?

Especially when you'll have contradictory "answers" with no way to validate who is correct and who is talking out their arse, leaving you at the same spot you began.

11. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Yup. It would be impossible for them to process your return online for this reason.

As someone else said, just return the first unit to Apple retail and order another one online.

12. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Apple gives the option to have your receipt emailed to you, usually to the email that is associated with your Apple ID. I am betting they have a record of the purchase.

13. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Before you call Apple stupid, YOU need to call them like the others have indicated.

14. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Can't speak for others, but I've gotten answers faster here than on the phone to Apple. It is NOT a quick event.

15. vgamedude thread starter macrumors 6502a

No it is most definitely not.

Anyway thanks for the responses besides the couple of people who were rude. I've returned the ipad so its all done and good.